Ok I just wanted to add how impressed I was this season of the Bachelor to see so many hot red lips rocking it! Smoking hot lips and so fun!
According to Shape Magazine, the new fall must have lip color is red, crimson, brick, the list goes on. Let me help you pick out the correct shade so you don’t go out looking like a bad Ronald McDonald impersonator. Four factors to consider when choosing are: Skin color, tooth shade, lip size and the time of day.
- Warm Undertones: yellow and olive
- Warm undertones should choose lip colors with more orange.
- Cool Undertones: pink and blue
- Cool undertones should choose lip colors with more bluish pinks like fuchsia.
- Warm colors bring out yellow teeth. Investing in Colgate Bleaching strips would really be beneficial.
- Cooler colors make your teeth appear brighter.
Matt or Shiny?
Lips size is critical in deciding which finish to choose.
- A smaller pout would benefit from lip liner just outside the natural lip line with a gloss shine finish. The shine reflects light giving a larger appearance.
- A plumper I love is called Pep Up by Color Science. It can be used under eyes and on lips.
- Pick a matt finish If you do not want to add size.
Time of Day
- Any time of day is good to wear reds, just pick a lighter application such as a balm or gloss in the day time.
- Evening is a great time to spice it up by adding depth through lipsticks or stains.
This image gallery might help you decide. Pick the picture that most resembles you.
Believe it or not these shades are not identical lol
Chadwick, Melanie. “Red Lip Service.” Shape Magazine. Print. p40. 2014 November.